Rules & Regulations

Game Modus

Select drive alternate shot (Greensome Stableford)

The participating final-teams will be separated into 2 groups (A and B) based on team handicaps. 50% of the participating teams with the lower team handicaps will play in Group A, the other 50% will play in Group B.

Both players hit a tee shot. The best shot is selected and the partner whose ball was not selected will hit the next shot. The team alternates shots until the ball is holed. Each ball is to be played as it lies and the ball that is selected may not be switched during play of the hole.

The scoring in Stableford competitions is by points awarded in relation to a fixed score (net par) at each hole as shown below:

More than one over fixed score or no score returned: 0
One over fixed score: 1
Fixed score: 2
One under fixed score:   3
Two under fixed score: 4
Three under fixed score: 5

The team with the highest number of points wins the tournament.

In the event of a tie for first place in both groups, a playoff will be held on hole #17 and #18 to decide the winner of the Audi quattro Cup World Final 2017. Hole #17 and #18 will be played as many times as necessary to determine a winner. The playoff will take place immediately after the conclusion of the morning and afternoon shotgun round on the second tournament day.

In the event of a tie for second or third place, the better net score of handicap holes 1 – 18 in that order will decide the winner.

Allowance

The player with the lower course handicap will make up 60% of the team handicap. The player with the higher course handicap will make up the other 40%. The maximum course handicap difference between both players shall be no higher than 20 strokes.

Rule for establishing the team handicap for the Audi quattro Cup World Final 2017:

Team handicaps from members of all qualifying countries will be determined by evening out the scores of the respective countrys’ qualifying tournament. The team handicaps will be reduced by the amount of Stableford points scored above 36 during the qualifying tournaments.

Example:
Handicap of a winning team during national qualification: 18
Stableford points achieved during national qualification: 40
New team handicap for qualifying winner for the Audi quattro Cup World Final:

14

If the Audi quattro Cup Country Final will be played on 2 days with 36 holes competition in total, we will use the higher stableford score of the two rounds as the basis for the handicap adjustment at the world final.

Establishing team handicaps from participating countries in which the "Peoria" handicap format system is applied:
In establishing the team handicap for the Audi quattro Cup World Final 2017 from countries, in which the "Peoria" handicap format system will be applied, the winning team's gross Stableford points from the respective Audi quattro Cup Country Final will determine the team handicap for the Audi quattro Cup World Final 2017.

All guidelines are based on experience and ensuring fair play.

Qualification
  • The winning team of each Audi quattro Cup National Final is eligible to participate in the World Final
  • This award is non-transferable 
  • The minimum age for participants is 18 years 
  • The maximum handicap index is 36.0 for individual players and a maximum cumulative handicap index is 56.0 for the team
  • A reduction of an individual handicap to the required maximum handicap is not permitted
  • Players who have participated in a World Final cannot qualify again for three years, e.g. participants of the World Final 2016 are not eligible to qualify for a World Final again before 2019
Tournament proceedings

The Audi quattro Cup World Final will be played on 2 tournament days. Both net scores will be converted into Stableford points. The Audi quattro Cup World Final winner will be the team with the most Stableford points accumulated on both days.

All guidelines are based on experience and ensuring fair play.

Competition Committee:  TBA

Use of distance measuring devices

Distance measuring devices are permitted as long as their only function is measuring distance. Devices that provide extra information (e.g. club selection, shot type, wind, etc.) are not permitted.

Awards

Net-winner of first, second and third prize in group A
Net-winner of first, second and third prize in group B

Extra Prizes:

Winner of the Gross Score
Winner of the Fastest Drive Ladies
Winner of the Fastest Drive Men
Winner of the Nearest-to-the-Pin

Tee Times

Please obtain information at the Audi hospitality desk in the hotel or golf club

End of Competition

The competition will end after the award ceremony is over and result lists have been published